Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gabbiano - Pinot Grigio

Origin: Italy
Price: $12.95
Date drunk: March 14th, 2009

g.: Smells great. A+. Cool colour, light blue bottle. Why does Pinot Grigio always come in a blue bottle? I'll ask the internet later.

*after a drink*

g.: I think it went up my nose. It doesn't taste like it smells; it's kind of weirdly acidic/bitter tasting.

d.: It doesn't taste like wine.

g.: It kind of tastes like weak beer. This is not what I expected from any Pinot Grigio. Maybe it's gone bad? These guys have been making wine since fucking 1124, haven't they figured it out yet? I'm going to call that bad-ass dude on the horse on the bottle and ask.

d.: It makes me think of rubbing alcohol.

I think the relation of quality to price in wine is comparable to a sine curve: the really cheap wine can be pretty tasty but the slightly more expensive stuff? Drop! And the swoop continues. This is still a working theory. More in-depth experimentation is required. This particular wine is unimpressive.

g.: Conclusion: this sucks. It's not bad enough that I won't drink it (COME ON), but I won't be happy about it.

No comments: