Sunday, February 12, 2012

Palatine Hills Estate - 1812 Chardonnay

Origin: Ontario
Price: $12.20
Vintage: 2008
Date drunk: February 2, 2012


d.: It smells jaunty.

g.: Jaunty like a stroll in a garbage dump.

d.: Maybe, but you still have a cane and a monocle.

g.: Okay, so it tastes fine. I think evidence on this blog will show that I apparently hate the smell of every wine ever.

d.: If I had to go with a shape for this taste, I think I'd go with oval. Because it's not super round, but it's not flat.

g.: I have no idea what this tastes like. Fruit? Lemons? Flowers from the battlefield at York? Let's hope so. It's good. A little sweet, kind of sour, but dry. Like the bones of the dead, etc. I'm really reaching for the war theme here. I want to like this wine because today I touched a musket that was used in the war of 1812. I deserve to like this wine.

d.: It's got a bite like a sabre.

g.: It's warm like the radiant heat from the explosion of a munitions depot. There. It's seriously warm though. We're impatient.

d.: It goes down smooth like powder down the barrel of a musket.

g.: Damn, guy.

No comments: