Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hillebrand Artist Series - Gewürztraminer

Origin: Ontario
Price: $11.48
Vintage: 2010
Date drunk: December 9th, 2011


g.: *smells* Oh jesus.

d.: I don't know what you mean.

g.: REALLY.

d.: It smells kind of soapy. Like a lovely fruit soap.

g.: I'm sure we've talked about this on here before. I don't want to drink shiny little fruit soaps. They don't belong inside me.

d.: What about matte fruit soaps. Because this smells more matte than shiny to me.

g.: ... I'm going to try it now.

Oh man. That's actually really good. It's dainty. It's a tiny wine wearing finery with small hand-stitching and lace gloves. I see where you're going with the soap thing, but it's a positive element. It's kind of sour and subtley tangy.

d.: It's got a NICE CLEAN FINISH.

g.: WOW. You win. Okay, I'm going to see if the description on the bottle holds up:
- Aromas of tropical fruit? Check.
- Soft and easy drinking? Check.
- Great with light meats? We're eating bagels, we didn't follow the instructions.

d.: I like this. It has a rich warmth, kind of like some fruit teas. It tastes nostalgic. Can things taste nostalgic?

g.: Yessss.... that's what's I call Jack Daniel's and cigarettes.

Okay, on subsequent sips I coughed a bit. Just being honest here. It's good but I'm growing a bit weary. I think I can look past this because there's art on the bottle, and that is a brilliant idea. I'm going to start my own wine label and it will be the MS PAINT ARTISTS WHO ARE DRUNK SERIES, and this will be the first submission, 2011 "White" from "Canada, various, maybe my backyard grapes" with an "easy palate if you mix it with 7UP":


No comments: