Monday, March 26, 2012

Strewn - Gewürztraminer

Origin: Ontario
Price: $12.95
Vintage: 2009
Date drunk: March 16th, 2012


g.: Smells like pepper.

d.: There's that little prickliness.

g.: Isn't this wine made out of cacti or something? Or have I been misled by that one brand with a picture of a cactus on the label? That seems plausible. Okay, I took a sip and my mouth unhinged like a snake. I heard it click.

*Second sip* It's reaaalllyyyyy dryyyyy.

d.: The taste has the same prickliness as the smell. It's like drinking cactus. If there were like a really cool not lethally poisonous snake, but a little bit poisonous snake, and it was turned into wine, it would probably taste like this.

g.: So is that related to how I almost got lockjaw back there? I bet it is.

d.: It wasn't on purpose, so it must be.

g.: Okay, real talk: it's kind of spicy and I'm always into that, but it's drryyyyy. Like the "extra dry" 1.5L bottle of Sawmill Creek wine I bought by accident that time and actually physically COULD NOT DRINK. That is the only time that's happened. It was that bad, and I've had more horrific bottles of wine than anyone could ever imagine. So the moral of this story is, I will drink grape juice and sugar fermented in a dollar store tupperware container... as long as it isn't too dry.

No offense, Strewn Gewürztraminer.

No comments: