Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cupcake - Chardonnay

I'd just like to say that we had to go to another liquor store to get our cheap selections this time, because we drank all the wine at our neighbourhood store. All the wine that didn't have laser-printer clip-art labels affixed with a glue gun.


Origin: California
Price: $14.95
Vintage: 2010
Date drunk: March 3rd, 2012


g.: So this wine is apparently made in a place called Livermore, US. I think this is misleading, at best, in terms of my bodily health. Anyway, this better taste like fucking cupcakes.

*sniffs* I'm going to be disappointed.

*sips* OH. It tastes like it should come from an apple juice can.

d.: It has a full kind of taste. I wouldn't say round; it's more like a rectangular prism that has rounded edges.

g.: That's how I liked to design websites in 2002. Okay, so the name of this wine is completely messing up my ability to describe it as anything other than dessert. I taste.... icing. What the shit is wrong with my brain.

d.: Fermented grape icing.

g.: *horrified* Cool, I'm gonna go barf up the actual cupcake I ate today, which tastes exactly zero like this wine. Zero. Not cupcakes.

d.: Maybe you've just been eating the wrong cupcakes.

g.: No, I've been eating the not disgusting cupcakes..... who the fuck am I kidding, I would eat any cupcake with booze in it. Next week I actually for real have a plan to eat a rum and coke flavoured one so I can complete a cupcake shop stamp card. I don't mess around. Okay, let me try this tasting thing again. Let's get back to basics:

- It's good.
- I don't want to pour it out the window.
- I don't make weird involuntary sounds when I take a sip.
- It actually kind of smells like juice.
- SUCCESS.

Verdict: Yeah this is actually really good, if you want to be fancy and have a whole $15 to spend. A wise investment.

[ED. NOTE: Obviously I knew the wine wouldn't taste like cupcakes. I just like being difficult.]

No comments: