Sunday, December 4, 2011

Life is Good - Chardonnay (Unoaked)

Origin: Ontario
Price: $12.90
Vintage: 2008
Date drunk: February 26th, 2011


d.: It doesn't smell very boozey, it smells stuff-y. And not stuffy like some old rich dude's study, but stuffy as in full of stuff.

g.: I'm going to go with.. it smells like nothing. Mostly air, maybe glass. Maybe I'm broken.

d.: No, I'm just trying too hard.

g.: *sip* [whispers] Oh.

d.: It's kind of tingly.

g.: This is unoaked, and yet again, I'm unsure about the ramifications of this. I guess I don't taste any trees?

d.: And man, trees are the best part of the taste.

g.: Are you sure about that? I've done shots of gin, and I'm pretty sure drinking forest isn't something I should be into.

d.: It's pretty decent, but it's kind of a one trick pony. It's really smooth and simple.

g.: I still think there's something weird about Chardonnays that don't sit in wood. They taste wrong and I can't even figure it out. This one is kind of sour and tart and... slimy. That's damn gross. I'm still drinking it though. That's something.

d.: It's because it lacks that oaken nobility. I find it pretty easy to drink.

g.: Slime, man. I've seen slime. It was in a dumpster at McDonalds.

d.: But it totally goes down smooth and slick.

g.: Oh christ. I gotta go.

No comments: