Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lighthouse (Pelee Island) - Riesling

Origin: Ontario
Price: $10.95
Vintage: 2009
Date drunk: February 26th, 2011


g.: It smells like fresh cut grass. When I was a kid I used to put grass and leaves in a bowl and tell my brothers it was salad. Which is hilarious, but I don't want to be the one to eat it. It's delightful but ominous.

d.: And it tastes ominous but delightful.

g.: *kksghffsgh* Hang on. OK. It almost tastes carbonated. It feels all bubbly and furry on my tongue. Oh my god.

d.: Speaking of furry, when I smell it now, it totally has an undercurrent of pee-soaked cat litter.

g.: I'm sorry Pelee Island. I think we both agree it actually tastes good. It's really pleasant. It's sweet and warm, not too sour, and interesting. Interesting is good.

d.: It has more going on than the last one. There's more to take in. There's a flavour that hits my left cheek, and a flavour that hits my right cheek, and it tingles on that spot where my wisdom tooth has rubbed my cheek raw, and it tastes really good.

g.: I burped, and it tasted like a combination of grape fizzee [ed. note: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS, it was also underlined] and grape fun dip. Powder. Together. Forever. A++++ WOULD DRINK AGAIN GREAT SELLER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

No comments: